Cevvi - Ikat Dress | Relove
- Unit price
Can’t find your size?
Be the first to know when your size gets listed.
- Tunic dress designed for easy elegance.
This Ikat is a signature hand weave developed in The Summer House.
- Slot collar.
- Drop shoulder sleeves.
- Delicate gathers around the collar and cuff.
- Straight hem with side slits.
- Inseam Pockets.
- Slight irregularities speak to the hand processes involved.
- The model's height is 5'4".
Ikat is a method for colouring fabric in patterns by resist dyeing. The pattern is not applied to the surface of a finished fabric, nor is it woven into the fabric structurally. Instead, parts of the yarns for the warp and/or weft are protected with a resist before dyeing to create an unmistakable and instantly recognisable feathering weave on the loom. Ikat is laborious and difficult work mastered by artisans over decades of practice. Handwoven ikat is one of the most valuable weaving techniques in the world.
Please see the 'Size & Fit' section below for more details. If you wish to have the length altered, specify your preference in the NOTES section at checkout.
- - Cotton Ikat woven by generational artisans. Ikat is one of the most difficult to weave and valued craft techniques in the world.
- - Signature weave developed in and exclusive to The Summer House.
- - Wash separately in cold water using a mild detergent
- - Ethically made in India
- - Regular fit
- - Vaishnavi is 5.4ft and wearing size XS
- - Need help with sizing? WhatsApp us on +91 7892525916